Wednesday, November 28, 2007

The Routine

We had another rough night last night. It seems we are in a standard routine now. Chemo starts about 7:30 p.m. The pain kicks in around midnight, keeping Tyler up all night. Just as he falls asleep, he receives more Chemo at 7:30 a.m. Around 10 a.m. Tyler is able to fall asleep. He wakes up around 2 p.m., feeling good, talking, smiling, and looking for food. He does really well all afternoon. Then, just as he is starting to get tired, it is 7:30 and time to start all over.

We will be done with this cycle on Friday and, God willing, will be able to go home for some R&R before the next cycle begins.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hang in there Tyler!
I'll tell you something that Papa Chattin told me one time. You are strong, you come from good stock and you will make it through this! I know he would tell you the same thing. He was the wisest man I've ever known. I believed him and he was right!!! So focus on Friday and going home. You're almost there.

Love,
Debbie

Mrs. Davakis said...

Hi Tyler, Just wanted to let you know that I am thinking about you at this very moment and am praying right now as you begin your chemo at 7:30. May God's loving arms surround you and hold you close to Him.
With love, Mrs. Davakis

Haus Frau said...

I found your blog via A Watered Garden...

Please know that one more person is praying for your son and your family <><

Anonymous said...

hey Tyler my husband and I heard your story through our friends the youells .... we just want to say how strong you are! You are truly an inspiration. Though we do not know you personally we hope someday to meet you ! We will continue to keep you in our thoughts and prayers.
Sincerely
AJ and Laura Hawk

Susan Kelly Skitt said...

Just a note to let you know you are being prayed for. I will pass this along to our little church in N.E. Philadelphia, little maybe in number, but filled with prayer warriors. "Whatever is born of God overcomes the world. And this is the victory that has overcome the world--our faith." I John 5:4

In Jesus' love,
Susan Kelly Skitt
(here via A Watered Garden)