Friday, November 23, 2007

The Russian Blues!

Tyler had a very rough day today. Surgery and Chemo treatments, and then difficulty (and a lot of pain) replacing the hoses on his port. By the end of the day he was feeling much better. He was very excited by the LSU game. Great game! Then our very good friends and old neighbors, the Ruff's and Ballow's came by to see him. Carl Ruff and Tyler have been friends since they were 2 years old. It really brightened his day.
.
My mother called, and I told her I had to go because the Ruff's and Ballow's where here. The cell phone reception is not real good in the hospital, and my mother thought I said the "Russian Blues" were here. She assumed it was a pro sports team, probably hockey (the Blue Jackets had been by a few days earlier). She called the other boys, all excited about the visit by the "Russian Blue", but no one seemed to know who they were or what kind of sports team they were. Brandon thought she misunderstood and it might be the St. Louis Blues. My mother said it was unlikely anyone would come all the way from St. Louis, but I am not sure why she thought it more reasonable that they would come from Russia. Still, everyone at home was very excited by the visit, whoever they might be. Several hours later the mix up was discovered, and we had a lot of fun with it.
.
The Ruff's and Ballow's, along with the LSU game really lifted Tyler's spirits. We got the first smiles of the day. All and all, the rough day finished out pretty good. We are now waiting for Monday and the results of today's tests. This will be our first evaluation of the results of the Chemo treatments.




Patrick, Eva, Carl, Mary Cathrine, Tyler, Jackson, Mark

The Ruff's and Ballow's (or the Russian Blue's)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Tyler. It's Kevin Jennison. I heard about the cancer and it broke my heart to hear it. I'm so sorry. It's devastating to hear such horrible things happen to such great people. I know that there isn't any other family stronger than the Alfriend's, also there isn't one less deserving of such a horrible event. Our family is praying everyday for you, and we'll do anything you need, anything at all. Please let us know if there is. Best wishes my man. Take care :D - Kevin

Suzi G said...

It is amazing how those Russian Blues (and many others) can cheer up a soul. You are an encouragement to walk our talk -- to trust, trust, trust and hold tight to Him in the face of adversity. Thank you for sharing so honestly!!

The Heicher- Gale's said...

Well Tyler, unlike Arkansas Coffman did not pull it out. 7-10 and st. xavier won. by the looks of the game there was NO WAY they were #1 in the country cause if they were coffman must have been #2! Coffman had the ball at 10 seconds and jake stoneburner was in the enzone (their RB) stout (QB)goes for the TD and stoneburner was out of boundeds. it was so upsetting. and then to make matters worst, they dont give them a field goal or another chance! they just set the clock to 0 and let X win. oh it was awful tyler! haha I see the Ruf's came! I bet that was fun.. hopefully we can come down soon! keep fighting!

Love,
The Heicher-Gale's

The Heicher- Gale's said...

Well Tyler, unlike Arkansas Coffman did not pull it out. 7-10 and st. xavier won. by the looks of the game there was NO WAY they were #1 in the country cause if they were coffman must have been #2! Coffman had the ball at 10 seconds and jake stoneburner was in the enzone (their RB) stout (QB)goes for the TD and stoneburner was out of boundeds. it was so upsetting. and then to make matters worst, they dont give them a field goal or another chance! they just set the clock to 0 and let X win. oh it was awful tyler! haha I see the Ruf's came! I bet that was fun.. hopefully we can come down soon! keep fighting!

Love,
The Heicher-Gale's

Mrs. Ruf said...

It was so good to see you and your parents the other night Tyler! I think Jackson was the perfect medicine for your mom, don't you?
I was encouraged to see how strong you looked considering what you have been through.

I remember you as a little guy living next door to us on Kate Brown Drive. When you got mad, you got MAD! If you were playing football in our back yard and, heaven forbid, your team lost, you would stomp in the house and yell. I used to tell your mom to hide the china! Now I know why God gave you that fighting spirit. That combativeness will serve you well as you battle this on to victory!

We love you so, so much Tyler! We're looking forward to visiting you again soon and let me know if you need any china!

Anonymous said...

hey tyler I want Oklahoma to beat missouri. cause I want ohio state to go to national chapionship. That would be awsome because they wearn't supposed to be that good. I also want West Viginia to lose to Pittsburg. Go bucks!!!!!!!!!!!!!
***********************************
From...............................not gonna tell you

Anonymous said...

I've been gone for a while, but now I remember why I used to love this site. Thank you, I will try and check back more frequently. How often do you update your web site?