Thursday, November 22, 2007

Thanksgiving Dinner


No loss of appetite here! Looks like home cooking always beats hospital food.



Our family: Tyler, me, Kathy, Erik, Brandon (with dog Oreo), Travis




All the Alfriend boys. Tyler, Erik, me, Grandpa, Brandon, Travis




My parents have been a blessing. They flew in for the week to help out. My mom took care of the entire Thanksgiving dinner. She was prepared with two dinners. One if we had to go to the hospital, the other if Tyler was approved to come home. They have been taking care of all the needs of the other boys while we were in the hospital. I thank God for them.

'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''

It was so wonderful to all be home for thanksgiving. In about a week we hope that Tyler will be home of a much longer stay. It was very painful to see him go back into the hospital. I would give anything to trade places with him. But together, and with the help of God, we will see this through. In 4 months Tyler will be 16. It is my prayer that we will be home and totally cancer free by his 16th birthday.

4 comments:

JD said...

Hey Tyler!

Kari, Tara, Val and I (JD)were stoked to hear you got to spend Turkey day at home with your family! Way too cool!

The other day I was driving along thinking about you and praying for you when I rear ended the car in front of me. We pull off to the side of the road as I try and get my wits about me.

The driver gets out and he's a dwarf! He storms over to my car and screams, "I'M NOT HAPPY!"

So I look down at him and ask him, "Then which one ARE you?" That's when the fight started...

Hugs from the Domiano's!

Kyle Alfriend said...

J.D. - You are so funny!

Tyler will get a big laugh out of this. He is watching OSU basketball right now, but I will tell him at the next break.

Kyle

Cathy Lane said...

HI Tyler! I know you are sick of michigan jokes - just one more, please? what do you call a good looking girl on the Univ. of Michigan campus? a visitor! (probably from down here)
we are praising God that you went home yesterday and that you look so handsome - kind of like Bruce Willis in Live Free, die hard!

love you buddy,
cathy and stacy

Anonymous said...

Hey. Cathy's joke was lame. Here are a couple of better ones.

Stacy

Q: What's the difference between a University of Michigan fan and a carp?

A: One is a bottom-feeding, scum sucker, and the other is a fish.


Q: How do you get a Michigan Graduate off your front porch?

A: Pay him for the pizza.

Love you guys. Stacy and Cathy