Monday, December 31, 2007

On The Rebound?

Tyler slept a lot today. When he woke up, he was feeling better. He was able to talk some. He then was able to see some friends and watch an entire ball game. His temperature is now holding down around 99.8. He tried to eat for the first time in a week. This time he wanted popcorn. Kathy tried to give him some of the softer parts of the popcorn, but it did not go well. He finally agreed to settled for some pudding--wise move. His blood counts have not yet improved, but I am hopeful that when they are checked in the morning (the first day of the new year) we will see them beginning to improve. Right now, as the new year comes in, Tyler is sleeping soundly.

We are pressed on every side by troubles, but we are not crushed. We are perplexed, but not driven to despair. We are hunted down, but never abandoned by God. We are knocked down, but never destroyed.
--2 Corinthians 4:8,9

Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% how you respond to it.
--Lou Holtz


Many have contacted us about getting some of Tyler's "FIGHT TO WIN" wrist bands that Travis and Katelyn put together (just like Lance Armstrong's LIVESTRONG bands). We are selling the bands to offset our increasing medical bills, $1 kids/$2 adults. If you are interested, just email me at alfriend@columbus.rr.com.

4 comments:

catimbrook said...

Hang in there Tyler, through experience, I can tell you that things will improve as you go through treatment. Your in our prayers and thoughts. Take care Chris Timbrook "Nicolas Timbrook's" Father

Deyerles said...

Happy New Year Guys!

Tyler I have been away and have missed several of your updates. First I am so thankful you are beginning to feel better. I knew you would and will continue to get your strength back. I love the idea for the braclets Fight To Win!
There will never in your life be a tougher fight and you are winning! I will Email your dad for some bracelets. I also REALLY love your new picture at the beginning of your blog in the hot red convertible. Looking good! I know you can't wait to go for another spin. We are all continually praying for your strength and healing. We love you. Keeping the faith...
Love,
Debbie

carli gasparro said...

I can't even imagine you going a whole week now without eating a single thing, no wonder you love snack packs so much:) you're the strongest person I know. Just catching up on comments I should've posted 6 years ago.

Love Always

carli gasparro said...

I can't even imagine you going a whole week now without eating a single thing, no wonder you love snack packs so much:) you're the strongest person I know. Just catching up on comments I should've posted 6 years ago.

Love Always