Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Back to J-5

We had 3 wonderful days with Tyler at home. I believe that takes us to a total of 6 days at home since November 14th. These were the best days we have had. Tyler even played an x-box rock band, our exciting Christmas surprise.

The hardest part is that every trip home must end. Tyler is now back on J-5 (the cancer floor at Children's). It felt like a knife through my heart as he climbed in the car. Chemo will start in about two hours, and will run through the night. Round three. Two down. Somewhere around 6-10 to go.

Kathy is taking the night shift this evening at Children's. I will be home with the other boys. Tonight we will be heading out to the Dublin-Jerome basketball game. The varsity basketball team is sponsoring a "BUCK-A-SHOT" fundraiser for Tyler during half time. The support from Tyler's high school has been amazing.

Please keep Tyler in your prayers as we enter this next round.

Although Burkitt's is very rare (round 200 cases in the U.S. per year), there are two other boys in and out of J-5 with Burkitt's. Nicholas and Brett. Please keep them in your prayers.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My prayers are with ou, Tyler. I KNOW it isnt going to be as rough this round!
PS Is Oreo you guys dog, coz that is more like a small cat!!! I am glad you voted on getting another one! I voted for ya!
Connie L
[just a prayer warrior]