Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Dublin Jerome Basketball

Jerome had their varsity basketball game tonight, and had a fundraiser for Tyler at half time. It has been so wonderful to see all the support from Tyler's school. It was exciting to see the number of kids wearing Tyler's "FIGHT TO WIN" wrist bands.

It was during the game, about 9:00, that Tyler started his 3rd round of chemo. The injections take 7 hours, so they finished around 4:00 this morning. This will be repeated every day for the next 7 days.

I spoke to Tyler after the game while he was getting the injections. He is still doing very good and feeling strong.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good morning Tyler and family. I was listening to the radio on the way to work this morning and "You Lift Me Up" by Selah came on and I imediately thought of you guys. I can't even begin to imagine what it's like to have a child with cancer, but it would be even harder if you didn't have your faith and belief in God. Lean into Him. He loves all of you. Keeping you in my prayers and thoughts.

Sara

"You Raise Me Up"
When I am down, and oh my soul, so weary.
When troubles come, and my heart burdened be.
Then I am still and wait here in the silence.
Until You come and sit awhile with me.

Chorus
You raise me up so I can stand on mountains.
You raise me up to walk on stormy seas.
I am strong when I am on your shoulders.
You raise me up to more than I can be.

Repeat Chorus

There is no life, no life without its hunger.
Each restless heart beats so imperfectly.
But when you come and I am filled with wonder.
Sometimes I think I glimpse eternity.

Chorus
You raise me up so I can stand on mountains.
You raise me up to walk on stormy seas.
I am strong when I am on your shoulders.
You raise me up to more than I can be.

Repreat Chorus

Deyerles said...

Dear Tyler,

Just wanted to check in on ya. Hope all is going well.

Love,
Debbie

Mom said...

Kyle,

To be at the basketball game and see all the folks shooting baskets for Tyler during half time was such a treat. Your Dad was especially excited he made a shot in front of all the kids. Such a wonderful, generous and caring community.
I took a look at the map and the whole country is lighting up for Tyler's Fight To Win.

We love you, son and are so proud of you and inspired by your faith and courage.

Love,

Mom & Dad