Monday, January 14, 2008

Still on J-5

The morphine stopped working the other day. We switched to Diluad, but that stopped working today. Then, this afternoon, the blood counts began to dive. Also, the Neuropathy in Tyler's feet and hands is not acting as expected. Our friend Stef says his Neuropathy is like that needling feeling when your foot has fallen asleep and is trying to wake up...times 200. Tyler has it in both hands and feet. But with Tyler, his hands and feet are also bright red, and he says they always feel like they are burning. A times it has been to painful to allow his blanket to cover his feet. The doc's seem confused by the heat and the red color in his skin. At this point the assumption is that it is a just an "unusual" side effect of one of the drugs. We will wait and see how it continues. "Wait and see". I truly hate that phrase.

At this point we are looking at other alternatives to deal with the pain. We are also immediately beginning the blood transfusions again.

Erik told me he had a dream that he got up to go to school and Tyler was home. His cancer was gone and he was completely healthy. He was asking Erik to come outside to play basketball. I said that was a great dream. I told Erik next time he is having that dream to come get me and bring me into it. Erik said that wasn't possible. I told him I would invite him into my dreams if he lets me into his. He said it still was not possible. I guess we will just have to wait for that day. "Wait". I hate that word.

7 comments:

Cathy Sankey said...

Dear Tyler,

Just a note from DJ letting you know we think of you every day. I was at the National Championship game and thought of you since I know what a great Buckeye you are! We are wearing your wristbands and looking forward to shooting more hoops for you! Go Celtics! Go Tyler! Stay strong!

Tammi said...

Tyler, you are an inspiration to all of us. Your family is wonderful and I'm glad they keep us updated. Stay strong and know you are in our thoughts and prayers daily. You are an amazing young man!

Grandma Bonnie said...

Tyler, we are in 'Aloha land' where Grandpa is working. Already today I have had many people in Maui call to ask about you.

One of the largest churches on the Island is having prayer vigils for you to Win Your Fight and soon. Another church upcountry is also sending good thoughts and prayers for you. They all know about your complications with this round of Chemo.

A lot of folks all over the country are on your team and one just called to say she is not asking God - she is begging Him to give you relief.

Grandpa and I are begging also. Be better, dear Tyler.

We love you,

Grandma Bonnie

Sherri Hughes said...

Dear Tyler,
We are thinking of you and praying for you and your family. You are a strong young man with a great attitude and we are proud of you!
Sherri Hughes

Psalm 91:14-16
“Because he has loved Me, therefore I will deliver him;
I will set him securely on high, because he has known My name.
15 “He will call upon Me, and I will answer him;
I will be with him in trouble;
I will rescue him and honor him.
16 “With a long life I will satisfy him
And let him see My salvation.”

deyerles said...

Dear Tyler,

Hang in there! We are all praying your hands and feet feel better and the doc finds a new pain drug that works! Take your mind to a happy place and try to forget the rest

Love,
Debbie

Anonymous said...

I was forwarded this blog by my husband today. He was very touched by it and new this would be something I should hear. I read it and am deeply saddend by Tyler's condition, he seems to be a wonderful boy with great spirit. I pray for his recovery. What I also wanted to say was just that I think his father Kyle is an inspiration to all parents, his dedication, personal thoughts,and daily diary of Tyler progress is something that his family will cherish for years. He is truly a loving father and I just wanted to let him know that he is wise and strong. I just was really touched by his words.

JanaSlon said...

So a funny story...

My mom went to pick up a prescription at the pharmacy the other day, and the worker got to talking to my mom, and said that he was talking to his son and that he had saw that I was writing on your site. Well, it turns out that his son is your next door neighbor! What a small, small world.

Enjoy your day!

Jana