The error made by the hospital was that they injected Tyler with the wrong chemo drug for his last treatment. Fortunately it was a less toxic version of one he is already one, so the only real effect was that it extended his chemo treatments one more day. It could have been worse. According to the doctor, multiple checks and balances in the system were missed and an investigation is being conducted. Although there is nothing that Kathy or I done to prevent this error, it still reinforces how critical it is for parents to remain completely involved in the care of their child. Systems fail. Protocols are wrong. Leave nothing to chance.
“The most important thing is to never stop questioning.”
--Continue to keep Brett in your prayers. Things are not yet improving.
--Kylee is doing well, after she got an emergency VIP tour of the new Dublin Methodist Hospital. She blacked out at Children’s Close to Home Urgent Care, but they had no doctors or nurses on duty (that sound’s weird). She was rushed to Dublin Hospital, and is now back home doing good.