Sunday, May 18, 2008

Another Good Day

Tyler continues to get stronger. he was feeling good enough to have some friends over to spend the night. He will probably pay for it tomorrow, but I don't think it hurts to push every once and a while.

Marathon training is going good. I did skip today's training run because I had committed to run "Race for the Cure". The training run was 4 miles, and Race of the Cure is only 3.1. So right before the finish line I made a U turn and ran back a 1/2 mile, then back to the finish to get my full 4 miles in. Everyone looked at me like I was an idiot. Some lady at the finish line keep yelling at me, "Your going the wrong way!" I guess she thought I had a few Mermosa's before the race.

During the race I paced myself against a blind guy running with his wife guiding him. I was passed by a guy with one leg. There are a lot of amazing people out there. A lot a people with incredible courage and fight. Tyler, Stef, Sinjin, and Kylee are just a few of the many people fighting their battle with courage every waking moment. I am in awe of their strength and determination.

Fight to Win
Refuse to Lose

4 comments:

gcw said...

good work, keep it up.

deyerles said...

Kyle,

Sounds like you doing pretty good with your training. Glad Tyler is continuing to improve. Yall are always in our prayers.

Fight to Win.

Love,
Debbie

Marianne La Rosa said...

I was at the OSU Relay For Life on Saturday night and saw a luminaria bag with Tyler's name on it. During the ceremonial luminaria walk, there was a group of young men who joined hands, forming a prayer circle around Tyler's bag in silence. It was very touching tribute to see. The prayer warriors are out there, Tyler! Keep fighting!

dina b. said...

Your stories always make me laugh out loud :)

Also, great job on your training regimen!

And, it was wonderful to see both you and Kathy yesterday. We were so happy to see you and also glad that you could spend a little time outside in the sunshine and hopefully relax for a while :) Kathy, I am so glad that you got to meet and visit with the Sloneckers -- that was just perfect timing!

Take care, and tell Tyler we continue to pray for him, as always...