Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Checking on Grandma

Tyler is continuing to feel stronger. Although his counts are too low for chemo, they are high enough that he will not need transfusions. He was able to attend the Jerome track meet yesterday, and spend time with some of his old team mates. He looked really good. He actually looked better than his older brother. Travis, a shot and discus thrower, decided to try running the 1 mile. It was not a pretty sight. However he does look better than me. I challenged him to race me in the Muirfield 5k this week-end, but he has another track meet. Last week Brandon was polite enough to stay with me during the Fisher 5k at OSU last week.

Tyler left this morning with Kathy and Erik to see grandma Alice. Oreo the dog went along as well. I think it will be good for all involved. Travis and I are here alone, so I will be "Mr. Mom" and make a nutritious dinner (carryout wings from BW-3's).

If all goes well, the 7th round of chemo will begin next Monday.

Tyler's grandma Alice has survived ovarian cancer, and is currently battling a relapse. Please keep her in your prayers.

Sinjin's transplant was to begin this morning at 9:30, but I have not heard anything from his mother or sister today. Please keep him in your prayers.

3 comments:

Suzi G said...

Hey -- I didn't see any of those other guys finish the mile with the flourish of a forward roll -- bravo for Travis!! You must have inspired him with your training (but skip the forward roll at your next 5K!!)

Kyle Alfriend said...

Suzi-

Travis did have a cool end to his race with the sumersault across the finish line. Mine looks more like a "crash and burn". I keep expecting the medical guys at the run to come up to me and say, "Are you sure your okay?"

Jim Bennett said...

I'm so glad to hear that Kathy, Tyler, Erik and the dog were able to go see Aunt Sis. She will be thrilled. I know she was missing you guys. I talked with her a little while back and she really wanted to come visit. This will be a real blessing. --Jim Bennett