Saturday, June 14, 2008

Cancer: Been There, Done That!

Cancer.


Been There, Done That.


Kicked It's Butt!


Tyler received his last chemo last night! It will be a few weeks before more scans can be run to check the results, but I already know the results...no signs of cancer. Without a doubt.
All other treatment options are now on hold while we what for the next scans. Actually, the scans are not very effective anyway. The past couple of months have been fighting sub-detectable cancer. The real proof of success will be each day that passes without a relapse. The next 3-4 months being the most critical. But again, the results are not in question.
Last night was Tyler's last chemo. Today is Travis's graduation party. Tomorrow is Father's Day. What more could any one ask in life?
Six moths ago we posted this on the blog...
Maybe tonight, or maybe tomorrow,
I'll win this fight, so bury your sorrow.
I'm still alive, and I'm holding on,
I refuse to die, so I'll live strong!

Team in Training (TNT): Very early run this morning because we need to get ready for the graduation party. Good run this morning. Feeling good about Tyler and Travis. Best 5 mile time so far. When I got home only Erik was awake. He said, "If you only ran 5 miles, why are you sweating?" I never really liked Erik very much. I grabbed him and pulled him to the ground, rubbing his face in my sweaty shirt. He now agrees to always say, ¨Wow Dad, you are looking good!¨ Erik has always been my favorite.
69 miles down, 404 to the starting line.




5 comments:

Stef Tarapchak said...

TYLER!!! Congrats, buddy. I am SO HAPPY that you have come to the end. I am very proud of how you walk through your journey and am continued to be uplifted by you. I pray that one day I can join the survivor ranks, as you have! FIGHT TO WIN and you did!!!

deyerles said...

AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I know you are all celebrating many wonderful blessing this weekend! Our thoughts and prayers are with you all as you continue on to the your next journey.

Fought and Won!!!!!

Love,
Debbie

Anonymous said...

ATTENTION PRAYER WARRIORS:

The Prayer Warriors at Angel_Wings
will be having a Prayer Vigil on Thursday,
June 19th between 8-9 P.M. EST for
all of the children and adults on our
prayer lists and our Angel Families.
PLEASE join us in prayer for these
families.

MJ/Angel_Wings

MJ/Angel_Wings said...

ATTENTION PRAYER WARRIORS:

The Prayer Warriors at Angel_Wings
will be having a Prayer Vigil on Thursday,
June 19th between 8-9 P.M. EST for
all of the children and adults on our
prayer lists and our Angel Families.
PLEASE join us in prayer for these
families.

MJ/Angel_Wings

look at that smile..... said...

We are all so glad you have finished. Keep at it buddy. Now you can help the old man a bit......