Thursday, March 5, 2009

More Scans

Results of the PET scans are in and reviewed -- everything is clear!

No surprises. We got the results we were expecting. But the scan process bring on a lot of stress. A constant reminder. But I guess life could change and any moment for any of us. It's just that cancer has a way of not letting you forget that reality. So never forget -- the only day we know we have is today. So make sure you live a life worth living. There is no excuse not to do so. Every day I thank God for the gift of saving Tyler's life. I thank God for the life we all have.

I often think about all the young men and women we meet who were not given the gift of this day. I do not know why things turn out the way they do. All I know is that I was given the gift of this day, so I better not take it for granted. I better not waste it. The clock is always ticking. So live this day. Earn it. Make it exciting. Make it thrilling. A life worth living, a family worth loving, and friends worth having. Take advantage of this day. It is a gift, one that can not be saved or passed on to others. Live it well.

Do you love life? Then do not squander time, for it is the stuff life is made of.
--Benjamen Franklin

You may delay, but time will not.
--Benjamen Franklin

Conduct yourselves wisely, making the best use of the time.
--Colossians 4:5

Look carefully then how you walk, not as unwise men, but as wise, making the most of your time
--Ephesians 5:15-16

And though you want to last forever,
You know you never will,
You know you never will,
And the good-bye makes the journey harder still.
--Cat Stevens

Don’t be fooled by the calendar. There are only as many days in the year as you make use of.
--Charles Richards

I close my eyes, only for a moment, and the moments gone.
--Kansas

The present day is important to you for this reason: you can waste it or use it, but no matter how you spend it, you've traded a day of your life for it!
--Zig Zigler

I like living. I have sometimes been wildly, despairingly, acutely miserable, racked with sorrow, but through it all I still know quite certainly that just to be alive is a grand thing.
--Agatha Christie

In the end, it is not the years in your life, but the life in your years.
--Abraham Lincoln

How do you know when it’s over? When it’s over. That may be soon, but it’s not now.
--Miles Levin

He who is not busy being born is busy dying.
--Bob Dylan

Tell me, what is it you plan to do with your one wild and precious life?
Mary Oliver

This is the time, this is the dance.
Live every moment, leave nothing to change.
Swim in the sea, drink from the deep.
Embraces all the mystery of all you can be.
--Michael W. Smith

To give anything less than your best is to sacrifice The Gift.
Steve Prefontaine

2 comments:

John said...

Tyler:

You epitomize a saying that I think of when there is adversity in life, "As long as there is a bat your hands, keep swinging!"

you have hit one out of the park...

JD

Anonymous said...

Such wonderful news!! We continue to think about you and pray for you! Hope school is going well!

The Timbrooks