Sunday, January 24, 2010

The Face of Courage: Kids Living With Cancer

Please check it out tonight on Nickelodeon, Sunday, January 24th from 8pm to 9pm

Cancer. When children hear the word, what do they think? It may be scary, but today, a diagnosis of cancer is not necessarily a death sentence. Nick News with Linda Ellerbee explores the world of kids who are living with cancer on The Face of Courage: Kids Living with Cancer, premiering Sunday, Jan. 24, at 8 p.m. (ET/PT) on Nickelodeon. The road these kids travel is not easy; it is pitted with fear, pain and loss. But also it is a road paved with hope, strength, courage and even humor. They have been where no kid should have to go, and they have survived to share their stories – and their courage – with the rest of us.

“All of these kids live as if the cancer were never coming back,” says Ellerbee, an 18-year cancer survivor. “Cancer is a part of my past. That‟s a fact. It’s a part of my present because I choose to speak about it, and for the same reason, it will be a part of my future. But it is not who I am. It is not who any of us is.”

Also: Running for Cancer
This year Laps For Love will benefit three of our friends. assisting Matthew Barr and Madilyn Zimmerman in their battles, and to fulfill the dream of our dear friend Ryan Salmons who passed away this summer. You can support my run by going to www.AKidAgain.org/goto/Alfriend Donations are tax deductible. The event was started two years ago to support Tyler in his battle with cancer.

I'm also about one month away from the Tampa Marathon. On advice from my trainer, I have backed off and will only run the 1/2 marathon (long training runs in the Ohio winters is difficult). But I will back for the full marathons in Cincinnati (May) and Columbus (October).

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Rather interesting place you've got here. Thanks for it. I like such themes and anything connected to them. BTW, try to add some photos :).

Art said...

Thank you
I founf it
The Face of Courage: Kids Living with Cancer

http://www.nick.com/videos/clip/nick-news-face-courage-kids-living-with-cancer-full-episode.html

Art said...

I got the TV SHOW
The Face of Courage: Kids Living with Cancer

http://www.nick.com/videos/clip/nick-news-face-courage-kids-living-with-cancer-full-episode.html