Sunday, June 20, 2010

Kyle Running

I will like to ask for your support.

I will be running with Columbus Marathon to raise money for the Leukemia Lymphoma Society. 545 training miles, plus the 26.2 mile marathon at the end. You can follow my progress, and well as donate to the cause, by going to KyleRunning.com
I got 88 miles down, so only 457 miles to the starting line.

Yesterday was the 7 mile run. I was feeling a bit sore, and decided to walk a little. Then I thought about Christina O'Brian. At 18 years old, she is fighting through her 3rd battle with cancer. I thought about everything she has been going through. Her teenage years in and out of the hospital, the separation from friends and school, the relapses, and the struggles to find the right chemo. And through all of this, her spirit and determination have never faltered.

In the middle of a struggle most of us could never imagine, Christina said, "I can not believe this year and all of the things I have got to do this year. I would have never guessed in my wildest dreams that I would be a hockey goalie who has been in what is going to be my 2nd fashion show and be starting college. I am so happy to be where I am and so happy I have had to fight to get here. Who doesn't have ups and downs growing up....mine just had chemo involved. "

Christina - The Fighting Goalie!

I think of Tyler and Christina, as well as Matthew, Sinjin, Sam, Brett, Mason, Kylee, AJ, Ryan, Christian, Chase, and so many others. How can I ever stop? What obstacle in my life is greater than the ones they have battled?

I'm sorry that it sounds a bit cliche, but it's true...these young people have taught me the true purpose and meaning of life.

Godspeed, and always fight to win!

2 comments:

Ali said...

You are such an inspiration!

AJay Piniewski said...

exactly where I get my inspiration too...