Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Then and Now

I see a lot of runners posting "Then and Now" or "Before and After" pictures. They like to show the transformation they bodies have gone through during training. The pictures are always very impressive.

When I think of my own "Then and Now", I don't think first about the changes in me. I think of my inspiration.

When Tyler challenged me to run a marathon, his fight with cancer was not going the direction we had hoped. The battle was turning very ugly. Then, as i crossed the finish line 10 months later, Tyler was winning his fight. He was beating cancer for good.

So here are my "Then and Now" pictures. From the 2008 marathon to today.

Not of me, but of my inspiration. Tyler Alfriend

Then...
Now...Then...Now...Then... Now...

Then...
Now..

4 comments:

Ali said...

So touching!!!

Anonymous said...

Great Pictures!

Anonymous said...

Way to go Tyler.

Steve

christina grandstaff said...

beautiful.